Basically what goes on when the user types in https://mydomain.com/lsw
he gets an authentification page from the backend application. Once he
 enters his credentials, I notice a POST in the apache logs.

This is what the user types in:
https://mydomain.com/lsw/clientele/gen/authentification.jsp
he enters his credentials, then a POST appears in the log :
POST /lsw/clientele/gen/authentification.jsp HTTP/1.1" 302

and in the browser I get the following: The connection has timed out

http://backend2.ca/lsw/clientele/ses/pagePersonnelle.jsp?Mouftah=VXV744A9SVZMU9P

the above link doesn't work because its http rather than https!!

If I add the "s" manually
https://backend2.ca/lsw/clientele/ses/pagePersonnelle.jsp?Mouftah=VXV744A9SVZMU9P
 then it works.

1)So how can I force the protocole to remain https once the client
does a POST.....
2)I have noticed in many examples that people use PreserveHost on, in
my case, if activate
PreserveHost on then I cant even get the first page to work:

Thx in advance