I successfully setup Apache Web Server, mod_ssl and mod_jk so that Apache acts
as the load balancer for a cluster of Tomcat(based) servers - using self-signed
certificates.  This means that I created Apache's certificates with openssl and
Tomcat's with Java's keytool.

Two of my applications communicate with each other via HTTPS, and the servers
must trust each other.  For the Tomcat server to trust the Apache server all I
need to do is import the Apache certificate into the keystore (and/or cacerts).

How do I make Apache trust the Tomcat server so that app-to-app HTTPS calls
work?  Or do I even need to?

Thanks