On Wed, 2010-05-12 at 16:54 +0500, Nasir Zia wrote:
> Hi,
>
> can anyone send me the way to optimize the Apache and increase max
> connections limit. I am using Apache 2.2.8. I also need some
> benchmarking tool for Apache.
>
> Regards
> Nasir

Increasing MaxClients is usually enough, although the actual upper limit
is dependant on memory usage of each request. Only you can tell that.

Other tunables such as StartServers and Max/MinSpareServers simply
control the ramp-up rate for preforking new workers.

'ab' is a basic testing tool and should come with Apache.

--
Mark Watts BSc RHCE MBCS
Senior Systems Engineer, Managed Services Manpower