Make sure the bbb certificate(bbb.crt) is issued for the Server named bbb.
if not try and create a self signed SSL certificate for the server bbb and
have a try with the newly created certificate.

On 15 May 2010 02:21, Reinhard Vicinus <r.vici...@metaways.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> is the following behaviour of apache 2.2.15 (debian unstable) a feature or
> a bug?
>
> Listen 10.0.0.1:81
> <VirtualHost 10.0.0.1:81>
>  SSLEngine on
>  SSLCertificateFile /etc/apache2/conf/aaa.crt
>  SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/apache2/conf/aaa.key
>
>  ServerName aaa
> </VirtualHost>
>
> Listen 10.0.0.2:81
> <VirtualHost 10.0.0.2:81>
>  SSLEngine on
>  SSLCertificateFile /etc/apache2/conf/bbb.crt
>  SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/apache2/conf/bbb.key
>
>  ServerName aaa
> </VirtualHost>
>

> > curl https://bbb:81
>  SSL: certificate subject name 'aaa' does not match target host name 'bbb'
>
> > curl https://10.0.0.2:81
>  SSL: certificate subject name 'aaa' does not match target host name
> '10.0.0.2'
>
> if i remove or change the ServerName directive so that they differ then it
> works as expected and certificate bbb is returned. If i switch the order of
> the virtual host configuration certificate bbb is also used if i query
> 10.0.0.1:81.
>
> Thanks in advance
> Reinhard

With Regards,
Sakthi Esakiappan.M
Server Administrator

MercuryMinds Technologies Pvt Ltd
www.mercuryminds.com "An E-Commerce mentor"
+91 44 45588587
sakthi.esakiap...@mercuryminds.com
www.mercuryminds.com

Disclaimer: This message is intended only for the use of the individual or
entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is
privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If
you have received this message in error, you are hereby notified that we do
not consent to any reading, dissemination, distribution or copying of this
message. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the
sender immediately and destroy the transmitted information.