On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 7:42 PM, Bertalan Voros
<bertalan.vo...@tbwaworld.com> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I'd like your help in the following scenario.
>
> I need to restrict directory browsing for everyone but several ip addresses
> to one folder.
>
> I want to allow the several ip addresses to be able to browse the folders.
>
> I want to prohibit the rest of the network from browsing but they should
> still be able to access files if they know their full name/location.
>
> IndexIgnore * seems to have achieved half of this.
>
> I would appreciate any help with this.
>
> Thanks and best regards,
> Bertalan
>
> This e-mail is intended only for the named person or entity to which
> it is addressed and contains valuable business information that is
> privileged, confidential and/or otherwise protected from disclosure.
> Dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail or the
> information herein by anyone other than the intended recipient, or
> an employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the
> intended recipient, is strictly prohibited.  All contents are the
> copyright property of TBWA Worldwide, its agencies or a client of
> such agencies. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
> nevertheless bound to respect the worldwide legal rights of TBWA
> Worldwide, its agencies and its clients. We require that unintended
> recipients delete the e-mail and destroy all electronic copies in
> their system, retaining no copies in any media.If you have received
> this e-mail in error, please immediately notify us via e-mail to
> disclai...@tbwaworld.com.  We appreciate your cooperation.
>
> We make no warranties as to the accuracy or completeness of this
> e-mail and accept no liability for its content or use.  Any opinions
> expressed in this e-mail are those of the author and do not
> necessarily reflect the opinions of TBWA Worldwide or any of its
> agencies or affiliates.

You have some ip addresses who should be able to browse the directory
and others should be able to access the files if and only if they know
the full access path right ?
I don't think this problem can be solved only with apache, you need
some scripting stuff.

--
Nilesh Govindarajan
Site & Server Administrator