Hello,

please configure your mailer to wrap lines below 80 characters per line.
72 to 75 is usually OK.

Thank you.

On 18.05.10 19:05, Wang, Mary Y wrote:
> Well.. I'm just trying to make sure that I cover all ends to make sure
> that a DNS alias (a CNAME) is working correctly like I expected. I've
> having some Virtual Host problem... You can see my previous posts with
> this subject title "Struggle with Named Virtual Host - The Second Named
> Virtual Host Always Returns 404 File Not Found Error"..

apache only resolves hostnames(*) when a name is used in

<VirtualHost hostname>

section. You apparently need to look how ServerName, ServerAlias and
NameVirtualHost directives work.

(*) - yes, it sometimes resolves hostnames in logfiles and when proxy is
used, but it's irelavant here.

> I'm kind of giving up the idea of working from the httpd.conf that was
> provided by the system.  I'm in the process of just using my Apache 1.3.27
> httpd.conf and manually migrate it to work Apache 2.0.  Maybe that would
> be easier...Sigh...

I believe you could answer Eric's question much better...

What makes you think there's problem with DNS?

Spam is for losers who can't get business any other way.