On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 2:20 PM, Eric Covener <cove...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 8:36 AM, Krist van Besien
> <krist.vanbes...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm not entirely sure what your problem is. There is not a single
>> question in your mail.
>>
>> What is your problem? What are you trying to achieve? What are you
>> getting in stead?
>
> +1 -- I punched out before reading the entire thing due to
> length/clarity.  On lists like this, summarize then provide supporting
> detail

Unfortunately, I think I know what he means :/

You are trying to reverse proxy to a plone/zope instance. Plone/Zope
doesn't look at the incoming headers to determine what URLs it should
generate, it looks at the requested 'VirtualHostBase' to generate
absolute URLs. In this case, you have specified VirtualHostBase with
an IP address, so plone/zope will generate absolute URLs with that IP
address, which is your problem.

You will want to change this URL in the rewrite:

http://127.0.0.1:8080/VirtualHostBase/http/192.168.1.5:8080/eduCommons/VirtualHostRoot/$1

to something like this:

http://127.0.0.1:8080/VirtualHostBase/http/site5.abc.com/eduCommons/VirtualHostRoot/$1

(this is making me feel ill trying to remember this stuff)

Cheers

Tom