Hi,

I have an installation of Apache running, so thinking of using it as a
personal caching server after being fed up of firefox crashes which
clears the cache.
I have set it up using the manual and some guides using Google, but
how do I know that its working ?
Here are my settings:

ProxyRequests On
ProxyVia Off
ProxyBadHeader Ignore
ProxyStatus On
<Proxy *>
Order deny,allow
Deny from All
Allow from 192.168.1.0 127.0.0.1 localhost
</Proxy>
AllowCONNECT 443
CacheDefaultExpire 3600
CacheMaxExpire 604800
CacheIgnoreCacheControl On
CacheStorePrivate On
CacheStoreNoStore On
CacheIgnoreNoLastMod On
CacheRoot /home/proxy_cache
CacheEnable disk /
CacheMaxFileSize 5242880
CacheIgnoreURLSessionIdentifiers jsessionid PHPSESSID sid

What happens if I remove the CacheMaxExpire directive ? Will Apache
check for the document's last-modified time ?
I would like latest stuff on websites I visit, so please guide me in
the right direction.

--
Nilesh Govindarajan
Facebook: nilesh.gr