Dear List,

It appears that when mod_disk_cache reads server side includes to create its
final cached web page, it sometimes corrupts the included file.

I think the issue may be that the included file is getting DEFLATEd and Apache
is intermittently forgetting to ungzip it prior to putting it into the parent
page.

Any other thoughts?

Thanks,

http://www.t1shopper.com/

Details: The parent web page is called "index.shtml" and the child file is
getting included like this:
<!--#include virtual="/dir/include/my_html_file.html" -->

Everything else on the page looks fine but where the my_html_file.html should
be we see binary output in the source code like this:
í\énÛHþÜ|á]åâu?-SìA½¡!ŸÄoÿ›IÅÇsØß'±"’ÿ ¼ñ*dLXúIpV.n§Œ ©äÉb®H&Ùˆð˜I

If I restart Apache, the problem remains. But the problem goes away if I delete
the cache on the web server. So the cache must have gotten corrupted. I can
refresh the page many times after that and the page is fine. This good page is
kept in cache for about 30 days because of the config settings (below).

LoadModule deflate_module modules/mod_deflate.so
DeflateCompressionLevel 1
DeflateMemLevel 9
DeflateWindowSize 15
SetEnvIfNoCase Request_URI \
\.(?:gif|jpe?g|png|ico)$ no-gzip dont-vary
#Header append Vary User-Agent env=!dont-vary

LoadModule disk_cache_module modules/mod_disk_cache.so
CacheRoot /var/httpd/proxy/
CacheEnable disk /
CacheDisable /i
CacheMaxFileSize 500000