Hi,
After I upgraded my web server to Apache 2.x, and I'm encountering a strange
problem.
The IE browser won't open any documents in Office (.txt and .jpg files will
open).  Everything works fine on Firefox.
I've not changed any source code except the new Apache stuff.  Can I alter this
behavior in my httpd.conf?  Has anyone out there encountered this kind of
problem before?

I found some information this Microsoft site
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/316431 :
"In order for Internet Explorer to open documents in Office (or any
out-of-process, ActiveX document server), Internet Explorer must save the file
to the local cache directory and ask the associated application to load the
file by using IPersistFile::Load. If the file is not stored to disk, this
operation fails.

When Internet Explorer communicates with a secure Web site through SSL,
Internet Explorer enforces any no-cache request. If the header or headers are
present, Internet Explorer does not cache the file. Consequently, Office cannot
open the file. "

Thanks
Mary