I am looking for what can be achieved with Apache.My understanding is
just that of a newbie.
I used reverse proxy and NameVirtualHosting with some Customized Logging.
Recorded time stamps Apache took to serve pages.Used a few application
servers with
Apache as front end to them.

I recently came across some one who was developing modules for Apache
so this gave rise
 to question as what more can be achieved with Apache and what sort of
modules or why they develop.

I did ask this question to them also but some how they refused to answer it.

After this I searched module development in Apache came across Orielly books

http://www.kuzbass.ru:8086/docs/apache_c_mod_perl/79.htm

http://www.linuxdocs.org/HOWTOs/Apache-Overview-HOWTO-12.html

http://perl.apache.org/

http://docstore.mik.ua/orelly/linux/apache/ch15_01.htm
http://oreilly.com/catalog/9781565925670
http://press.oreilly.com/pub/pr/1022

So I wanted to know how can apache be used effectively is it just a
tool for serving web pages or
manipulating HTTP requests or in a professional set up how can it be
used some typical examples
that can help me to understand its more of features and functionality.

I will summarize my question

1)  What can be achieved with modules which some people develop for Apache
2) What are some advanced uses of Apache how can it be used effectively.
3) Any good link which some one wishes to share here as I can
understand some advanced
   capabilities which Apache offers but I am not clear with terms to
search for or my question.
--
Tapas

http://mightydreams.blogspot.com