Hello list,

I have become little confused and hope to get some help. I have a suse
11.2 server running   Apache/2.2.10 (Linux/SUSE) with some virtual hosts. I
already have the following in httpd.conf file

``````````````
AccessFileName .htaccess

#
# The following lines prevent .htaccess and .htpasswd files from being
# viewed by Web clients.
#
<Files ~ "^\.ht">
    Order allow,deny
        Deny from all
</Files>

But still I can read the .htaccess and .htpasswd file through browser, when
visit the virtual host. But if I add the above config at the virtual host
itself, it works well. So the virtualhosts bypass the config already there in
httpd.conf.  Do I need to write the code for each and every virtualhost then ?
Not possible to define at any common point just once ?

Please let me know,
Thanks