Greetings.

I am trying to apply INCLUDES processing selectively to CGIs depending on output content type, to no avail. Wondering if anyone else has run into this.

Server is fully patched RHEL 5 x86_64 with Red Hat-provided httpd-2.2.3-43.el5.

Server DefaultType is text/plain.

My cgi-bin directory is defined using ScriptAlias. In a Directory block for that location, I have:

       Options +IncludesNOEXEC
       <IfModule mod_filter.c>
           FilterDeclare SSI
           FilterProvider SSI INCLUDES resp=Content-Type $text/html
           FilterChain SSI
       </IfModule>
       XBitHack off

With this configuration I would expect that INCLUDES would be applied to all CGI output with a Content-Type of text/html. But instead, it applies to all CGI output regardless of Content-Type. It doesn't matter what I put in the FilterProvider line; INCLUDES processing always happens.

This is potentially bad since I have some CGIs that produce tar files and other binary data that could potentially contain an SSI directive.

I also tried using the deprecated AddOutputFilterByType, but that didn't work either; with text/html as the selected type, it still applied to text/plain output, although it didn't apply to image/png.

Thanks in advance...