On Aug 13, 2010, at 11:22 AM, Matthew Smith wrote:

I found this, which is what I am trying to do:
http://blog.razuna.com/2008/02/04/custom-404-pages-with-coldfusion-8-macos-x-and-the-difference-with-iis/

I did not see mod_rewrite listed in the modules at the top of http.conf, so I added:
LoadModule rewrite_module libexec/apache2/mod_rewrite.so

However, I am getting an error when trying to load the module:
[Fri Aug 13 10:09:36 2010] [notice] Child 2688: Exit event signaled. Child process is ending. httpd.exe: Syntax error on line 128 of C:/Program Files/Apache Software Foundation/Apache2.2/conf/httpd.conf: Cannot load C:/ Program Files/Apache Software Foundation/Apache2.2/libexec/apache2/ mod_rewrite.so into server: The specified module could not be found.

I did not see mod_rewrite listed in the modules at the top of http.conf, so I added:
LoadModule rewrite_module libexec/apache2/mod_rewrite.so

I do not know why it is looking into libexec instead of modules. I even created the directories under apache2.2 (/libexec/apache2/) and copied the file there.. No dice.

It's looking into libexec instead of modules because that's what you told it to do in the LoadModule directive. Loadmodule should point to the actual file path of the mod_rewrite.so file

--
Rich Bowen
rbo...@rcbowen.com