Hendrik

It is not a time out - it is happens very fast it using process
monitor I see perl.exe start running but for very short time and it
stops, I cannot debug the script and as it runs fine using both CGI
and FastCGI I can only think that mod_fcgid does something else
obviously  the pipe communication has some kind of  problem
I actually compiled mod_fcgid and found the error is at line 378 at
fcgid_proc_win.c:
as marked bellow HERE IS THE ERROR
but as I do not know how to debug it I am looking for help

       /* it's ERROR_IO_PENDING */
        DWORD transferred;
        DWORD dwWaitResult
            = WaitForSingleObject(handle_info->overlap_read.hEvent,
                                  ipc_handle->communation_timeout * 10000);

        if (dwWaitResult == WAIT_OBJECT_0) {
            if (!GetOverlappedResult(handle_info->handle_pipe,
                                     &handle_info->overlap_read,
                                     &transferred, FALSE /* don't wait */ )
                || transferred == 0) {
                rv = apr_get_os_error();
                ap_log_rerror(APLOG_MARK, APLOG_WARNING, rv,
                              ipc_handle->request,
                              "mod_fcgid  : get overlap result
error"); // <---- HERE IS THE ERROR
                return rv;
            }

            *size = transferred;
            return APR_SUCCESS;
        } else {
            ap_log_rerror(APLOG_MARK, APLOG_WARNING, 0, ipc_handle->request,
                          "mod_fcgid: read timeout from pipe");
            return APR_ETIMEDOUT;
        }