________________________________
From: Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
To: James Godrej <jamesgod...@yahoo.in>
Cc: d...@httpd.apache.org
Sent: Wed, 25 August, 2010 8:07:05 PM
Subject: Re: [us...@httpd] Re: how to needed for apache

James,

It would be very instructive if you could provide us with a list of what you
consider the "basic things" that are missing.

Thanks.

See when some one uses Apache for the first time they are not aware of a  lot
of
things.
The term definition of virtual host itself is quite confusing for newbies.
What is a VirtualHost and why is that used.
For example let us take the page
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/vhosts/examples.html
that some thing called
<VirtualHost>
</VirtualHost>

and in between some other directives are there.

Some one reading the above doc for the first time surely may not be clear.
Having said that if some people are able to understand that does not mean that
the doc is really Great.
You do give an example
but among the list of other directives
what is the meaning of word directive with reference to Apache.

Why is a directive being used at all.
Sure there are other pages which do mention what you just said but then again
this is as if

I write a  module for /proc file system and ask some one to read
fs/proc/version.c
and ask the guy to find  what seq_files are doing and how are they being used.

Some people may understand some may not.

The documentation that you people have does have some technical references.
But I see a lot of blogs forums and links here and there and questions which
newbies do suffer
that included me.
Did I answer your question?