Nick Kew wrote:

On 28 Aug 2010, at 05:11, CC wrote:

Hi,

I just downloaded 2.2.16 and am trying to compile it, but I'm getting
an error:

/usr/lib/apr-1.3.3/build-1/libtool --silent --mode=link
i486-slackware-linux-gcc -pthread -L/usr/local/ssl/lib -o htpasswd htpasswd.lo
-lm /home/compile/httpd-2.2.16/srclib/pcre/libpcre.la /usr/lib/libaprutil-1.la
-ldb-4.4 -lexpat /usr/lib/libapr-1.la -luuid -lrt -lcrypt -lpthread -ldl
/usr/lib/libapr-1.so: undefined reference to
`pthread_mutexattr_setproto...@glibc_2.4'
/usr/lib/libapr-1.so: undefined reference to
`pthread_mutexattr_setrobust...@glibc_2.4'
/usr/lib/libapr-1.so: undefined reference to
`pthread_mutex_consistent...@glibc_2.4'

Have you got multiple versions of some core libraries on there?

It looks as if your /usr/lib/libpthread.so may be incompatible with the version
against
which APR was built.  Possibly you need to reinstall APR, preferably without
anything C++-ish in the build.  And 'update all' with your package manager
first,
to reduce the likelihood of being hit with similar problems in future!

I ended up having to uninstall (or rather remove) old APR, APR-UTIL
packages and then I built/compiled/installed the new APR/APR-UTIl.
I thought since I was upgrading from an old 2.2.6 build, I thought
the requirements were the same.  Apparently it has changed.  My
old APR stuff were of the 1.3.x era.  I d/led the 1.4.x stuff
and installed it.

I think that was what was bugging my build.

Thanks for the help!