Thanks, Bob.
I've never used perl, although it sounds interesting enough to start learning
it. However, on this occasion, I need to port an existing application written
in C++ that connects to other applications on different servers using TCP/IP
sockets among other things, so I find it much easier porting it across
platforms rather than rewriting the whole thing on a different language. It
turns out I was erroneously setting the result line "HTTP/1.0 200 OK" instead
of letting Apache do so, as Nick has kindly pointed out. I'm now unstuck (if
that is a word), and progressing :)
I do appreciate the time you've taken in answering me, though. Thanks again.
Take care,
Diego

________________________________
> From: bobc...@mac.com
> Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 10:42:25 -0500
> To: users@httpd.apache.org
> Subject: [us...@httpd] Enabling CGI on Apache 2.2 on Mac OS X 10.6.4
>
> Diego,
> I, too, am learning about cgi programs on Mac OS X 10.6.4. Here are the
> steps I follow.
>
> 1) First, create a program file in the
> /Library/WebServer/CGI-Executables folder.
> Here is one that I find helpful. Put the following into a file such
> as myenvvars.pl
> #!/usr/bin/perl
> print "Content-type: text/html\n\n";
> foreach $key (keys %ENV) {
> print "$key --> $ENV{$key}
";
> }
>
> If you prefer to use php, here is a similar program you might call
> myglobalvars.php
> #!/usr/bin/php
>> print "Content-type: text/html\n\n";
> print "";