Howdee.

I'm attempting to set up a PHP application in a chrooted FastCGI environment
under Apache 2.2.14 under Ubuntu 10.04.  My (abbreviated) configuration is:

ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /usr/lib/cgi-bin/
FastCgiServer /usr/lib/cgi-bin/php5
<Directory "/var/www/webmail">
       AddHandler php-fastcgi .php
       DirectoryIndex index.php
       Action php-fastcgi /cgi-bin/php5
</Directory>

This works as it should, but a side effect is that Action is exposing
http:///cgi-bin/php5 to the outside world (which barfs when accessed
directly).  Access permissions on the cgi-bin directory appear to get
propagated to the resources I'm trying to "handle", so that doesn't
help.

Is there a way I can set up a handler but not have it directly exposed
via URL (as opposed to the URLs it "handles")?

Cheers.

--
Regards,
 Daryl Tester

"It's bad enough to have two heads, but it's worse when one's unoccupied."
 -- Scatterbrain, "I'm with Stupid."