On Sep 13, 2010, at 10:57 AM, Mike Schleif wrote:

> Does NOT work:
>
> DOES work:
>
> Actually, the former works with IE, but does NOT work with Firefox. Editing
> the former to the latter, the latter works with both IE and Firefox.
>
> Is this the type of problem that the HTML and/or XML modules will resolve?
> Is this automatic?  Or, dependent on configuration of modules?

Yes, that's what that/those modules are for.  You'll have to explicitly specify
which strings to search-and-replace: the module is not so smart that it can
figure out what to do by itself.

And, as you noted earlier, you will need to round up some Windows builds of
some additional libraries.

> [2] There is another problem with a form that will NOT accept entries into
> form fields.  Still trying to identify the source to the problem; but, again,
> this form DOES work with IE, and does NOT work with Firefox.  I'm hoping that
> the source is similar to [1] above.

Possible, depending on what's going on.  A point of attention would be what is
the action= parameter of the form, is that a hardcoded URL that would mess up
the proxy?  If that or something similar is the case, you could also
search-and-replace that with mod-proxy-html.

> What need I look into?  Resolving these issues, my client is ready to Reverse
> Proxy in Production; and their problem is resolved.  Thank you, for all of
> your attention to this.

Good to hear.  Hope you can iron out those last wrinkles!

S.

--
Sander Temme
scte...@apache.org