I am trying to enable cache on my apahce web server. I am using following
module for this purpose.

LoadModule expires_module modules/mod_expires.so

I have added following lines in my httpd.conf file to set set the expire
settings on the documents.

ExpiresActive On
ExpiresDefault "access plus 1 year"

By documentation, this should enable expiration on all the documents for one
years, In response headers returned by web server, there are expire header
and also cache control header with max-age attribute, But still when i
refresh the page, request goes to server to fetch the file.

I presume these files should be loaded from cache only. Can you point what i
might be missing?

Regards,
Vijay Shanker Dubey