Hello everybody.

Eric, thanks for the rapide response. I took the $PATH of least resistance, corrected Technique #1, and now it WORKS !

httpd.conf:
   RewriteEngine on
   RewriteRule .* - [E=SMUSER:%{LA-U:REMOTE_USER}]

Result (setenv.pl):
   SMUSER="<my-LDAP-userid :-) >"
Thanks again, Dave

PS: I had no luck with setenvif but I'm more than happy with the RewriteRule.
------

Eric Covener wrote:
On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 10:02 AM, David (Dave) Donnan