Thanks for your help.
>> The obvious answer, of course, is to run httpd ;)
may be i misunderstood something... at first line is apache which redirects
dav-requests coming on special port or alias by reverse-proxy to a backend
which is able to read/write within users folder (doing the dav-stuff itself).
This backend should run with rights of my special user.
i can ran multiple httpd? one as a main-httpd for general stuff and a lot more
under unprivileged users? never tried this...

>>But if you're looking for something more light-weight, you may want
>to take a look at Yaws:

>>http://yaws.hyber.org/yman.yaws?page=yaws.conf

I will have a look at this.

Thanks,