hello.

i am trying to set up AuthDigest against a sqlite3 database
using mod_authn_dbd ( system is Debian squeeze) and it seems
i am missing something.

i created a user database for a user "myself" with password "foobar" in
realm "admin". the password prompt shows up  but any login attempt
fails ( get prompted again) and my error log reports :

     "Digest: user `myself' in realm `admin' not found.

why is that? anybody can point me into a direction?

my sqlite3 database looks like this

          password              | username |  realm
4c324a0a70009f01e9804e1326c51ae9|myself|admin

and this looks alright to me, no?

i created the password with   "echo -n 'myself:admin:foobar' | md5sum"
( i double checked with htdigest, but the output was the same)

from my vhost:

###### from my vhost file ####

DBDriver sqlite3
DBDParams "/home/myself/web/authn.db"
DBDMin  1
DBDKeep 2
DBDMax  10
DBDExptime 60

ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/error.log

<Directory /home/myself/web/public/admin>
    AuthType Digest
    AuthName admin
    AuthDigestProvider dbd
    Require valid-user
    AuthDBDUserRealmQuery "SELECT password FROM user WHERE  username
=...@username and realm = @REALM; "
</Directory>