From: Igor Galić [mailto:i.ga...@brainsware.org]
Sent: Monday, October 18, 2010 1:25 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [us...@httpd] SSL vulnerability question

----- "Denise Edwards" <denise.edwa...@bowne.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> Received security can results which had two issues:
>
> 1-SSL Server Supports Weak Encryption Vulnerability
>
> 2-SSL Server Has SSLv2 Enabled Vulnerability
>

> Two questions:
>
> - Has anyone had to address these issues for their installation of
> Apache httpd

Yes.

> - If so what did you do?

Not what you did.

> Background info:
>
> - I'm using Apache httpd v2.2.10

Why not run the latest ;)

> - SSLCipherSuite property includes high, medium, low and SSLv2

And that's your problem.

SSLProtocol TLSv1 SSLv3
SSLCipherSuite RC4-SHA:AES256-SHA:ALL:!ADH:!MD5

This config should be reasonably fast (at least with 2.3 ;)
and ``PCI DSSS compliant''

See Paul Querna's Overclocking mod_ssl article for more info:
http://journal.paul.querna.org/articles/2010/07/10/overclocking-mod_ssl/

> Regards
>
> Denise

Igor Galić

Tel: +43 (0) 664 886 22 883
Mail: i.ga...@brainsware.org

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information in this Internet email is confidential
and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access
to this email by anyone else is unauthorized.