On 20.10.2010 14:49, Sébastien Moretti wrote:
Hi

I have defined a SetEnv Directive this way:
SetEnv BASE_PATH /tmp/smthg

I would like to re-use this variable in another SetEnv Directive, e.g.:
SetEnv PATHS $BASE_PATH/a:$BASE_PATH/b:$BASE_PATH/c:...

But $BASE_PATH is not interpreted as a variable.
I tried with quotes, back-splash, ...

How can I re-use this variable in another SetEnv Directive ?
Thanks

You should be able to do this via:

- Use a RewriteCond to match against the BASE_PATH variable
- Use a RewriteRuke with an ENV= flag to set PATHS using the back reference to the matched variable

Clumsy, but should work.

If the values are in fact static, i.e. do not depend in the request, virtual host etc., you can actually use the fact, that Apache allows you to resolve unix environment variables (not the same as Apache environment variables) inside the Apache configuration. The syntax is ${VARNAME} (do not drop the curly braces).

- Set env var outside of Apache before starting:

BASE_PATH=/var/smthg
export BASE_PATH

Use variable inside Apache config:

SetEnv PATHS ${BASE_PATH}/a:${BASE_PATH}/b:${BASE_PATH}/c:...

or

<Directory ${BASE_PATH}/somesubdir>

etc.

Regards,