On 10-10-23 09:02 AM, Igor Galić wrote:
----- "Matt Price"<matt.pr...@utoronto.ca>  wrote:

<VirtualHost *:80>
               VirtualDocumentRoot /home/drupal-commons/drupal_commons
               ServerName tdhc.digitalcommons.ca
</VirtualHost>
I don't understand why you're using VirtualDocumentRoot here,
even though it's not a dynamic vhost.
I tried both only becouse I couldn't understand the original error. I was flailing; changing this directive seems to make no difference.

My expectation is that adding this stanza above the<VirtualHost>
directive I show above should direct all traffic on
tdhc.digitalcommons.ca to /home/drupal-commons/drupal_commons/, and
allow other traffic to proceed to the wordpress sites in /var/www/*.

However, I get the following behaviour:

1) if the new stanza is placed above the old one, then ALL traffic
arriving at this server is directed to
/home/drupal-commons/drupal_commons.
2) if the new stanza goes below the old, it is ignored entirely (this
is
what I expected).

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong and how I should fix it?
Change VirtualDocumentRoot to DocumentRoot and see what happens.
Check what apache2ctl says, and if that matches your expectations.
Move the VHost declarations, and see if something changes to
apache2ctl's output.
I don't see anything interesting in the logs but am sitting in a conference with lousy internet access. thanks for thints -- so far no improvements -- will respond soon when I can experiment reliably.