On 21/10/2010, e-letter <inp...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I tried to use the command 'Alias', to try and use the program
> phppgadmin which was extracted to /path/to/phppgadmin:
>
> DocumentRoot "/var/www/html"
> Alias /localhost/target /usr/local/phppgadmin/phppgadmin
> <Directory /localhost/target>
> Order allow,deny
> Allow from all
> </Directory>
>
> After stopping and restarting the web server, when I navigate the web
> brower to 'http://localhost/target' I receive an error 404 page. In
> the phppgadmin directory there are various php pages, e.g. login.php:
>
> $ ls /usr/local/phppgadmin/phppgadmin/
> aciur.js            groups.php          redirect.php
> aggregates.php      help/               reports.php
> all_db.php          help.php            robots.txt
> autocomplete.php    HISTORY             roles.php
> browser.php         history.php         rules.php
> BUGS                images/             schemas.php
> casts.php           indexes.js          sequences.php
> classes/            indexes.php         servers.php
> colproperties.php   index.php           sql/
> conf/               info.php            sqledit.php
> constraints.php     INSTALL             sql.php
> conversions.php     intro.php           tables.js
> CREDITS             lang/               tablespaces.php
> database.php        languages.php       tables.php
> dataexport.php      libraries/          tblproperties.php
> dataimport.php      LICENSE             themes/
> dbexport.php        links.js            TODO
> DEVELOPERS          login.php           TRANSLATORS
> display.php         logout.php          triggers.php
> domains.php         multiactionform.js  types.php
> FAQ                 opclasses.php       users.php
> fulltext.php        operators.php       viewproperties.php
> functions.js        plugin_slony.php    views.php
> functions.php       privileges.php      xloadtree/
>
> What is my mistake please?

I changed the alias to 'target' and tried to open the address
'localhost/target/login.php'

As root I changed the permissions:

ls -aod /usr/local/phppgadmin/
drwxr-xr-x 3 root 4096 2010-10-20 10:12 /usr/local/phppgadmin//
ls -aod /usr/local/phppgadmin/phppgadmin/
drwxrwxrwx 11 root 4096 2010-10-20 10:12 /usr/local/phppgadmin/phppgadmin//

I received an error that permission is denied:

Access forbidden!

You don't have permission to access the requested object. It is either
read-protected or not readable by the server.

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.
Error 403
localhost
mod-xslt/1.3.8 Apache/2.2.6 (Mandriva Linux/PREFORK-8.2mdv2008.0)

What do I need to do now, please?