Hello all,

I have an apache ssl proxy configured with mod_security that detected
(I'm only running in detection mode) many HTTP connected requests
against port 443. The requests look like this:

CONNECT www.mydomain.com:443 HTTP/1.1

All requests completed with a 200, but I can't recreate this by
connecting to the server on port 443. I get "Connection closed by
foreign host." when I try to send the same request using telnet to
port 443. Googling shows that the remote host might be using the
connect method to open an SSL tunnel, but only thing in the response
seems to be our home page.

Can anyone confirm for me what this is trying to accomplish?

Thanks,

Dan