According to mod_mime documentation

Context:    server config, virtual host, directory, .htaccess

"Files having the name extension will be served by the specified
handler-name. This mapping is added to any already in force, overriding any
mappings that already exist for the same extension"

so your config should be ok. Did you test if it doesn't work? Do the .cgi
extension work for the host? Have you added

Options +ExecCGI

to make the files cgi executable for the appropriate directory in that
virtual host?

Post the vhost config if still having problems.

Igor