Your RewriteRule doesn't make much sense though. It will cause to redirect
http://localhost/reg to pyindex.py/reg (plus append the query string if any)
and I don't see the purpose of this redirect. What are you really trying to
achieve here?

If the idea is to redirect virtual links, the one without real files in the
apache file system, then you better do

RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /py/ <http://pyindex.py/$1> [L]

which will redirect any non existing link to the pyindex.py file which is
your home page I assume.

Igor