----- "motty.cruz" <motty.c...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm looking to deploy Apache 2.2 for Wordpress on a FreeBSD machine.
> Do you
> know of good guide to optimize Apache 2.2 for Wordpress? I google it
> but no
> solid information returned.

Tuning httpd for Wordpress isn't directly FreeBSD specific.
I'd start with tuning Wordpress itself, i.e.: Install wp-cache
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-cache/

Next, and this tends to get in Wordpress' way, so be careful,
install APC: http://pecl.php.net/package/APC

Finally, once you've made your application and your PHP installation
perform, look into tuning httpd.

I'm currently reworking on making Sander S. Temme's Performance
presentation into the new performance documentation:
http://wiki.apache.org/httpd/PerformanceScalingUp

(since the old one is quite horrid:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/current/misc/perf-tuning.html )

Finally, look into Caching. In an ideal world, you would
serve your static assets from a server which doesn't even
have mod_php loaded, but that's a perfect world in which
most of us don't live ;)

(Here's a writeup by me on that topic:
http://blag.esotericsystems.at/2010/02/introducing-more-caching/
That will probably be incorporated into PerformanceScalingUp
document as well.)

> Any help appreciated.

Feedback is very welcome :)

> Thanks,