----- "Julien Cigar" <jci...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

> On 11/25/2010 15:38, Igor Galić wrote:
> >

> >> The problem is that I've never 200 clients at the same time ... :)
> >>

> > That is the problem as you perceive it. You might reconsider this
> > opinion of yours by refreshing your viewpoint with mod_status
> >

> no, I'm really 100% sure that I've never more than 200 clients at the
> same time. As I said in my previous mail I can't access /server-status

Whoops, missed that.

> without restarting Apache. Anyway, I can make a script that takes a
> snapshot of /server-status every x minutes.

That would be a good idea. It's important to know what these
children are doing, when they refuse to serve connections

http://apache.org/server-status

next step might be to elect a child and truss/ktrace/dtrace it.

> I also checked passenger-status, nothing wrong on this side:
> ----------- General information -----------
> max      = 20
> count    = 5
> active   = 0
> inactive = 5
> Waiting on global queue: 0
>
> All "Sessions:" domains are below 2 too

Have you already asked the passenger user group, if they have
seen anything similar to this behaviour?

Igor Galić

Tel: +43 (0) 664 886 22 883
Mail: i.ga...@brainsware.org