Hello list,

I have no issue making virtual domain in a local-server with apache vhost
technique, so users within the intranet can access those  virtual domains, once
they have the proper entry in their  own /etc/hosts file.  But the problem is
with virtual domains having SSL support. Visiting such sites from workstation
within the intranet through firefox reports

```````````````````````
 SSL received a record that exceeded the maximum permissible length.

(Error code: ssl_error_rx_record_too_long)
````````````````````

Obviously the domain entry is already there in the /etc/hosts of the
workstation from where the site is called ; like

        192.168.1.1   mydomain.com

Could anyone suggest any clue which cause the problem ? ( there is nothing
available in the log )

Here is the configuration of such a SSL enable virtual domain

``````````````````````````````
Listen 400
<VirtualHost mydomain.com:400>

ServerName https://mydomain.com:400
ServerAlias https://mydomain.com:400

SSLEngine on
# Here, I am allowing only "high" and "medium" security key lengths.
SSLCipherSuite HIGH:MEDIUM

# Here I am allowing SSLv3 and TLSv1, I am NOT allowing the old SSLv2.
SSLProtocol all -SSLv2

#   Server Certificate:
SSLCertificateFile /etc/apache2/mycert/server.crt

#   Server Private Key:
SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/apache2/mycert/ssl.key

 DocumentRoot /var/www/mydomain.com
        <Directory /var/www/mydomain.com/>
                AllowOverride All
                Order allow,deny
                allow from all
        </Directory>
        ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /usr/lib/cgi-bin/
        <Directory "/usr/lib/cgi-bin">
                AllowOverride None
                Options +ExecCGI -MultiViews +SymLinksIfOwnerMatch
                Order allow,deny
                Allow from all
        </Directory>

</VirtualHost>