----- "Julio Burroughs" <julioburrou...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've just installed Apache 2.2.17 on a Windows Vista Ultimate machine
> (with sp2),

32bit or 64bit Version?

> using install file httpd-2.2.17-win32-x86-no_ssl.

The one provided by the ASF? Or some third-party distribution like
http://www.apachelounge.com/ ?

> It looks like the installation is good, but when I invoke "Start" from
> the Apache icon,
> I get the following message:
>
> The procedure entry point real_exit_code could not be
> located in the dynamic link library libhttpd.dll.
>
> When I try to start Apache from Services, it also fails to start,
> and the message is just that Apache 2.2 did not start.

Oh joy of joys. You're one of three people hitting this error.

Can you please start httpd from the command line
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/current/platform/windows.html#wincons

Also start it with -e debug:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/current/programs/httpd.html

Check if the message is actually true, with:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/default.aspx +
http://www.dependencywalker.com/

> Thanks . . .

Also note that I'm a Unix guy, and if it seems I'm talking
out of my ass, then feel free to ignore or better yet: correct me.

Igor Galić

Tel: +43 (0) 664 886 22 883
Mail: i.ga...@brainsware.org