----- "Kiran saligrama" <kira...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> We have been using Rewrite rules with Apache 2.0 to expose multiple
> back-end servers. We have had very good success and when we upgraded
> to Apache 2.2, the Rewrite connections do not honor keepalive
> directive anymore. The documentation does say that by default
> keepalive is not used and when we started using Proxy directives
> instead of rewrite rules, keepalive behavior is more on the expected
> lines.

Why oh, why, do you use mod_rewrite for proxying?

> When I looked at mod_proxy source code this default behavior seems
> something that changed in 2.2. Can someone confirm whether this is
> indeed the case and any rational for changing the default behavior
> would be very beneficial for me.

Yes. Since after 2.2.9 a lot in the mod_proxy code has changed.

Check the documentation on the flags for adapting the flags as needed.

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/current/mod/mod_proxy.html
and in particular:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/current/mod/mod_proxy.html#proxypass

Also make sure you're using something >= 2.2.12 (or 2.2.14? or just
go with the latest bestest release)

--
Igor Galić

Tel: +43 (0) 664 886 22 883