>On 10.12.2010 01:18, Dustin Chesterman wrote:
>> Hello all -
>>    I am having trouble getting logging to work for some modules,
>> specifically mod_rewrite and mod_jk.  Here is a portion of my
>> httpd.conf.  I get mod_jk logging for the startup process in my
>> mod_jk.log but not the request level logging.  But the forwarding is
>> working.  The rewrite.log has nothing in it ever.  I thought it could
>> be a problem with how i set up the modules butsince it's happening to
>> two I thought I must have something wrong globally.  Any suggestions
>> on why this might be happening.  My access.log is populating as
>> expected.
>>

>> <IfModule jk_module>
>>      # We need a workers file exactly once and in the global server
>>      JkWorkersFile conf/workers.properties
>>      JkMountFile conf/uriworkermap.properties
>>      JkMountCopy All
>>      JkLogFile logs/mod_jk.log
>>      # (trace,debug,info,warn,error)
>>      JkLogLevel debug
>> </IfModule>
>>
>> ErrorLog "logs/error.log"
>>
>> LogLevel debug
>>
>> <IfModule log_config_module>
>>      LogFormat "%h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b" common
>>      CustomLog "logs/access.log" common
>> </IfModule>
>>

>> # Logs for rewrite module
>> RewriteLog "logs/rewrite.log"
>> RewriteLogLevel 9
>>

>> \NameVirtualHost *:8080
>> NameVirtualHost *:8443
>> #
>> # NOTE: NameVirtualHost cannot be used without a port specifier
>> # (e.g. :80) if mod_ssl is being used, due to the nature of the
>> # SSL protocol.
>> #
>>
>> #
>> # VirtualHost example:
>> # Almost any Apache directive may go into a VirtualHost container.
>> # The first VirtualHost section is used for requests without a known
>> # server name.
>> #
>>
>> <VirtualHost *:8080>
>>      ServerName 127.0.0.1
>>      ServerAlias localhost
>>      DocumentRoot "C:\Deploy\Accounts"
>>
>>      JkMountCopy Off
>>      JkMount /* cmdevworker
>>      # Any way to make these case-insensitive????
>>      JkUnMount /accounts|/* cmdevworker
>>      JkUnMount /Accounts|/* cmdevworker
>>      JkRequestLogFormat "%w %V %T"
>> </VirtualHost>
>>
>> <VirtualHost *:8443>
>>      ServerName 127.0.0.1
>>      ServerAlias localhost
>>      DocumentRoot "C:\Certain\Deploy\Accounts"
>>
>>      RewriteEngine On
>>      RewriteCond ${SCRIPT_NAME} !^/accounts/(.*) [NC]
>>      RewriteRule (.*) /CF9R123/Register123$1
>>
>>      JkMountCopy Off
>>      JkMount /* cmdevworker
>>      JkUnMount /Accounts|/* cmdevworker
>>      JkUnMount /accounts|/* cmdevworker
>>      JkRequestLogFormat "%w %V %T"
>> </VirtualHost>
>
> RewriteLog and the mod_jk log file do not have much in common in terms
> [...]

Thanks for the reply.  Adding the *RewriteOptions Inherit* directive
worked perfectly for getting the mod_rewrite logging.  Thanks for
that.  After looking more into the mod_jk logging issue, the logging
is being written but not until I stop the server.  It must be buffered
and would maybe come through eventually if I made enough requests??