On 01/11/2011 09:13 PM, Hendrik Schmieder wrote:
Mark H. Wood schrieb:
On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 06:06:16PM +0530, Nilesh Govindarajan wrote:
On 01/11/2011 04:18 PM, Paolo DiCanio wrote:
The example on that page is for MySql. Unfortunately when using SQL Server, the configuration is more complicated, because you can't simply configure

      DBDriver mssql

You have to use something called FreeTDS instead. If someone has actually got SQL Server authentication up and running, I'd really appreciate it if
the could send me the steps, or just post their httpd.conf.

Also, any information about how to configure multiple authentication methods (passwd file and database), would be very helpful. If someone can confirm
whether or not this is even possible, please let me know.

APR (mod_dbd, mod_authn_dbd) supports ODBC (provided, apr_dbd_odbc.so or apr_dbd_odbc.dll exists in the system), which is independent of FreeTDS.
MSSQL doesn't support ODBC?

It does, but my understanding is that ODBC drivers for MSSQL implement
ODBC APIs using the TDS protocol.  ODBC is just a common API to talk
to various specific drivers, which use various protocols to talk to
their proper backends.  According to http://www.freetds.org/ FreeTDS
includes an ODBC library, so you'd probably just need to install it,
describe it to your driver manager, and tell HTTPD to use it.

It depends on which oS Apache is used.
For Windows there's an MS-SQL ODBC driver, but for Linux you must use FreeTDS.

It doesn't support unixODBC?
[sorry for hijacking]

--
Regards,