Hi G40,

the "SSLVerifyClient require" requires that the client presents a certificate.
You have to configure also the list of Certification Authorities that
the server accepts by the following directives:

 SSLCACertificatePath /etc/ssl/certs/
or
 SSLCACertificateFile /etc/apache2/ssl.crt/ca-bundle.crt

If the client certificate is not signed by a root CA, but by some intermediate
CA,
which may be in turn signed by another intermediate CA, etc., you need also
to set the value for SSLVerifyDepth to the highest length of the certificate
chain
that the client may provide.

The "Allow" directives play no role in this, because the error you have got
happened during the SSL handshake, which is sooner than the Allow directives
are applied.

Martin