On Thu, 20 Jan 2011 22:50 -0600, "William A. Rowe Jr."
<wr...@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
> On 1/20/2011 3:50 PM, go1...@mailnew.com wrote:
> > I can't find a place to download an Apache 2.2.17 binary with OpenSSL
> > without MSI installer. I will need to repeat the process many times and
> > may use it on computers without Internet connection. Currently the
> > download link - http://httpd.apache.org/download.cgi, only has a MSI
> > installer requiring an internet connection during installation. Is there
> > a way to generate a full installer from the MSI installer?
>
> Hmmm?  Most Windows administrators prefer the capability to automate the
> deployment of .msi packages, every major institution uses this facility
> to roll out their approved updates to 1000's of workstations and servers.
> So your question; "generate a full installer" puzzles me, since Windows
> ships a full installer framework and I have no clue what you seek to
> replace.
>
> There are ways to bypass the detection of WinSock, for example, or to
> install it silently.  Some familiarity of .msi deployment models is
> really expected of any competent windows developer or administrator.
> If that includes you, you should be able to divine your desired
> automation by reviewing the package's overridable values, documented
> at
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/trunk/platform/windows.html#advinst";>html#advinst
> Please feel free to post questions here about the effect of those
> variables on the installer.
>
> Of course, it's entirely possible for even the most novice user to simply
> ask msiexec for an administrative install, which unbundles the individual
> files from the .msi - how this unpacked bundle intersects with your
> desire for a "full installer" is beyond my comprehension.

Sorry, I made a mistake. By mistake I somehow thought the size of the
2.2.17 Apache msi package size was much smaller size. I thought the
installer will need to download the full package from the internet
during the installation. I just went through the whole installation
process without an Internet connection and it was working. The size of
the package is actually 5.8M.

I am extremely sorry for the mistake and thanks to Bill for your
response.

Best regards, Andrew.