On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 4:07 PM, Zeno Davatz <zdav...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Tom
>
> On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 4:12 PM, Tom Evans <tevans...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>
>> (why are we talking on dev@ btw, this seems clearly a users@
>> discussion. If/when you reply, please drop dev@)
>
> It seems a dev issue because what works on Linux does not seem to work
> on Apache for Windows. That is why I sent this to dev@ as well.

Hmm. Please don't - this isn't a dev issue. See below - you aren't
running the same configuration on windows as on linux. Stop harassing
our poor devs :)

>> OK, there are some inconsistencies in your conf.
>>
>> First, in your vhost configuration, you have SetHandler ruby-object at
>> the top level. This *will* set the handler for all requests to the
>> vhost to use handler ruby-object. All requests. Including for files,
>> directory indexes, and so on...
>>
>> Secondly, in the directory where I expect you probably do want to have
>> ruby-object as the handler, you tell apache to execute *.rbx as
>> cgi-script. I thought this whole exercise was to have them executed by
>> mod_ruby..
>>
>> Finally, having found that bug report, you seem to be trying hard to
>> trigger it! In the bug report you linked to us, there is a good
>> work-around listed by wrowe@ - why not use that?
>
> This is my mod_ruby.conf settings on Linux and there it just works fine:
>
> LoadModule ruby_module modules/mod_ruby.so
>
> # taken from the example file
> # If the ruby module is installed, this will be enabled.
> # for Apache::RubyRun
> RubyRequire apache/ruby-run
>
> # exec files under /ruby as ruby scripts.
> <Location /ruby>
>    SetHandler ruby-object
>    RubyHandler Apache::RubyRun.instance
>    Options ExecCGI
> </Location>
>
> # exec *.rbx as ruby scripts.
> <Files *.rbx>
>    SetHandler ruby-object
>    RubyHandler Apache::RubyRun.instance
> </Files>
>
> So if you mean this "Options ExecCGI" then yes, to my understanding
> Ruby is executed as CGI on Apache, at least on Linux it is.

OK. That config is WAAAAAY different to your posted windows config. In
your windows config, you have "SetHandler ruby-object" at the vhost
level, on linux you do not. It's a big difference!

According to [1], ExecCGI is only required for eruby.

> Now Apache on Windows delivers me the same result (as so is the following)
>
> [error] [client 127.0.0.1] Attempt to serve directory:
> C:/Users/zdavatz/de.oddb.org/doc/
>
> with these settings here: https://gist.github.com/818654
>
> This option here https://gist.github.com/818519 I just tried to see if
> I get the same result or not.
>
> Best
> Zeno

OK, replace your vhost conf file with this one[2]. Does that work?

Cheers

Tom

[1] http://modruby.net/en/doc/?InstallGuide
[2] http://pastebin.com/X79K6V8U