kevin.frisw...@callista.com.au schrieb:
From: "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Date: 08/02/2011 11:25 AM
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] 64 Bit Apache httpd on Solaris

On 2/7/2011 6:19 PM, kevin.frisw...@callista.com.au wrote:
 > Thanks Eugene, I used some of your ideas for "inspiration".
 >
 > CFLAGS=”-m64”
 > export CFLAGS

This will break some ./configure tests, to get it right you really
need to set/export CC="gcc -m64" or similar, based on your compiler
and its 32/64-bit flags.

> -------------------------
> Hi William,
> I tried CFLAGS="gcc -m64", (gcc is installed in /usr/sfw/bin/), but it
> broke configure ...
>
> /checking for gcc... gcc/
> /checking for C compiler default output file name.../
> /configure: error: in
> `/opt/oracle/stage/tmp/k_working/Apache2.2/httpd-2.2.17/srclib/apr':/
> /configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables/
> /See `config.log' for more details./
> /configure failed for srclib/apr/
>
> (nothing further of any use in config.log).
>
> It appears to work ok with CFLAGS="-m64".
>
> Can you elaborate on what you mean by breaking some ./configure tests?
>
> Cheers
> Kevin

(put the answer where it belongs)
This will of course break configure, since you will end up in
gcc gcc -m64 ...

William said you should set CC, not that you should modify CFLAGS.

  Hendrik