Dear Tom

On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 1:41 PM, Tom Evans <tevans...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 7:17 AM, Zeno Davatz <zdav...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> What has to happen that this becomes an ASF project? My goal is that
>> mod_ruby becomes a standard Apache library.
>>

> I am in no way affiliated to the ASF, but I would say that the chances
> are slim at the very least. Other notable language plugins, like
> mod_perl, mod_php etc, have an order of magnitude more users using the
> module, are vastly more mature, more stable and better supported than
> mod_ruby, and none of them have come close to inclusion in apache as
> standard.

Well maybe they did not try hard enough? Or maybe they just do not
care. Of course maybe I am wrong too. I just think it would be nice.
And I am willing to support mod_ruby as an ASF project. So my question
would be: How do you become an official ASF project? But maybe William
has some Feedback about that.

As far as I understand it is not only about the size but also about
how easy it is to integrate.

Best
Zeno