> Il giorno 17/feb/2011, alle ore 14:14, Igor Galić ha scritto:
> > Ah. 143 -- I thought I had seen 443 before.. whoops.
> > So, forget that part about internal dummy connection.
> >
> > Anyway: What happens when you kill off that process?
>
> If I kill that process nothing happens. The process end and apache work
> normally.
> Apache bug?

You said PHP. What's the PHP execution timeout value in the php.ini. I had ran
into a case where we tweaked it real high on a dev box (5m seconds) and we had
a process, though somewhat idle, that never finished. The connection was
disconnected but the thread didn't go away. We only discovered it when all
threads were in use. In our case it was a web service that accepted some data
and was supposed to do processing, which should have finished in a few seconds.

Just a thought.