On 18 February 2011 22:04, Eric Covener <cove...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 5:01 PM, Fran Boon <francisb...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> 2011/2/18 Igor Galić <i.ga...@brainsware.org>:

Good catch!

Seems like it was mod_evasive which was causing the problems - had
been installed by a colleague to secure against DoS attacks, but
inevitably gives problems with legitimate traffic trying to make
simultaneous requests.

Explains exactly both why it was so erratic in behaviour & why I
couldn't see other people having these problems!

/me crawls into a hole in shame...

Many thanks for your help - makes a world of difference :)

Fran.