hi,

while going occasionally through the access logs of a 2.2.17 Apache server, I
noticed some URLs of remote locations where my server would have made a GET for
?!

an example:

194.0.122.134 - - [10/Mar/2011:02:26:55 +0100] "GET http://www.ebay.com/
HTTP/1.1" 200 240 "-" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 4.01; Windows 95)"

So the status code = 200 indicates that the server allowed that URL
"http://www.ebay.com"[1]  for the client 194.0.122.134 ...

I suspected that proxy functionality (enabled by default for long, but luckily
in this 2.2.17 version it is not enabled by default in the configs), so I
checked the loaded modules :

# /usr/apache2/bin/apachectl -t -D DUMP_MODULES | grep -i prox
#

so none.

Which other module or config setting could have as effect that my server
accepts such requests ?

rgds
Rob

Links: