Hi, Igov

I tried that. In httpd-vhosts.conf, change to:

<Virtualhost>
            ServerName sitename
            Redirect /          https://sitename/
</Virtualhost>

In httpd-ssl.conf:

<Virtualhost>
            ProxyPass        /dir1/dir2/login    https://backend/
            Redirect            /
https://sitename/dir1/dir2/login
            ProxyPassReverse         /           https://backend/
</Virtualhost>

It is the same result with or without trailing "/" at
https://backend<https://backend/>.

 From the log, I saw http traffic redirected to https but afterwards got 403
error code for https traffic.

GET / HTTP/1.1 302 245
GET /dir1/dir2/login HTTP/1.1 403

On the backend server, the log is "directory listing forbidden".

 The backend server seems to have the subdirectories in the URL.

Ryan