I have an intranet website that provides web services.  Currently,
clients access this service by POSTing their XML SOAP request envelope
to a particular php script as follows (urls have been sanitized to
protect the guilty):

http://somesite:port/SERVICES/service.php

I receive the xml, process it, and return the result back to them, all
fine and dandy.
However, I would rather not have them specify a particular script file,
I simply want them to POST to:

http://somesite:port/SERVICES

Then, I want to be able to configure apache so that when it sees a POST
to this directory URL, it will run the script I specify and pass it the
POST data.
Currently, if I attempt this, the client receives a 301 Moved
Permanently, and the redirected URL is the same as the one they posted
to (i.e., the directory URL above).

How do I configure apache to do this?

Thanks,
Tony