I have a web server which provides web services at the url
http://someplace:port/SERVICES/

There is client software which I don't have source code to which allow
you me to specify http://someplace:port.
However, this client will always send its web service posts to
http://someplace:port/SERVICES on the wire.   Notice the trailing slash
is missing.
For security reasons, this client will NOT follow redirects.
However, I cannot seem to get apache to append the slash and do an
internal redirect.
I have tried Alias, but the Redirects are processed first.
I have used the rewrite engine to successfully rewrite the URL to put
the slash on, but it still sends an external redirect.

How can I get apache to do an internal redirect, and NOT send an
external redirect.
In our case, the internal redirect is safe since the SERVICES/  url is
the only url the client will ever access.

Thanks,
Tony