I'm not sure if this or the APR list was appropriate but the APR list seemed to
only have a dev mailing list.

I am having trouble trying to get apache to use a sqlite3 database for
authentication using dbd.  I get the following in my error log:

[Wed Apr 27 13:48:07 2011] [error] (20014)Internal error: DBD: failed to
prepare SQL statements: not an error
[Wed Apr 27 13:48:07 2011] [error] [client x.x.x.x] Error looking up someuser
in database

My configurations looks like this:

LoadModule authn_dbd_module modules/mod_authn_dbd.so
LoadModule dbd_module modules/mod_dbd.so

DBDriver sqlite3
DBDParams "/somewhere/file.db"
DBDPrepareSQL "SELECT password FROM users WHERE username=%s" my_query
DBDMin 1
DBDKeep 2
DBDMax 10
DBDExptime 60
DBDPersist Off

<Directory "/some/directory">
  Options FollowSymLinks
  AllowOverride AuthConfig
  AuthType Basic
  AuthName "Some Authorization Message"
  AuthBasicProvider dbd
  AuthDBDUserPWQuery my_query
  Order deny,allow
  <LimitExcept GET>
    Allow from all
  </LimitExcept>
</Directory>

The file.db is readable and writeable by apache and so is the directory so that
sqlite can create its journal file.  (I've even tested letting apache create
the initial db file just to verify.)

I've tried attaching httpd to gdb but I'm unused to performing troubleshooting
at that level and can only confirm by setting a breakpoint at apr_dbd_prepare
that the file database file is open at the time:

httpd     30937    apache   23u      REG       72,3      3072   32931846
/somewhere/file.db

I am using the CentOS 5 RPMS:
httpd-2.2.3-45.el5.centos
apr-1.2.7-11.el5_5.3
sqlite-3.3.6-5

I am close to scratching using sqlite3 and switching to postgresql but I wanted
to avoid complicating the setup.
---
Larry Low